SL1M Journey - Part 1

Related image

Assalammualaikum Hi Annyeonghaseyo!

Oh well, hello gais! Today I feels like wanna share interesting story with you which is my experienced as a SL1M YES Trainee. Okay, first of all what is the SL1M actually? Apa benda eh? SL1M YES is a short-form for Skim Latihan 1 Malaysia and YES is Young Executive Scheme. Okay, so faham kan? Okay great! Let's begin..

To start of, I saw an advertisement of SL1M UEM  in the tv screen then my mom was enthusiastic about that and asked me to apply as soon as possible. She said "Kak, pergi apply SL1M tu kak. Kau duduk rumah pun buat apa je, Sleep 24/7. Wasting time. Sementera tunggu graduation tu baik kau kerja cari pengalaman." So, I just forced nodded my head and follow what her said. Next day, I opened the UEM page and saw they posted about SL1M, the first thing I saw is a monthly allowance haha and I was like wuuuu lala RM1,800 kachingg kachinggg $$$ and straight posted it in the whatssapp group. I asked them who wants to join this SL1M and at that time some of them have received an offer from SL1M other company. Okay, never mind. And! One of them appeared show her interests into it. She said "Okay juga tu. Nak apply juga lah.. Jom qis apply sama-sama." I said okay why not. And that friend is Syuhadah (classmates in college)

At the interview..

Day: Thursday
Venue: Mercu UEM (near KL Sentral)
Time: 9 am - 6 pm

Syuhadah and I (already decided nak pergi hari pertama) we were arrived the venue  around 8.30 am. Once we arrived, we straight to level 7 and there were not many people but the place is getting crowded time by time. Exactly 9 am, the registration counter were opened and need to queue up by row. At the registration,. UEM staff asked me full name, ic number, telephone number, college name, email, the important part is need to choose the company that I want to work with and in which position I prefer like  IT ke, HR ke, etc. So, PLUS is my choice and I chose IT.

After that, I went to interview for PLUS room, we sat outside the room while waiting for them calling out our names with bundle of nerves! One of the staff called Syuhadah's name first. After 15 minutes later, Syuhadah left out of the room. I straightly asked her what the interviewer asked her and she said not much just few of  basic questions. I was like "Serious ah"  And at that time, they calling me pula. Weh, nervous gile! That was my second interview. Take a really deeeeeeeeeeeep breath and be cool, I'm getting relax. Betul kata Syuhadah, they asked basic questions phewww To show the interviewer that I really eager to work with them, I took out my laptop and showed her my Final Year Project which is I build a website for the company. It means, I can do coding! Walaupun PHP coding jer tapi it really mean to me to make her impressed. Hehe yah at least I put my effort on it. Am I right?

After the interview sessions end, we went to the hall where there were many people in there because of have an event that organized by UEM also for SL1M. Around 5 pm, the event end and we were really feel relieved after went through the interview sessions. We were wish each other best of luck wishes and pray may Allah ease our journey and may us get the opportunity to be SL1M Trainee.

A few weeks later...

We've got the good news which KAMI BERDUA DITERIMA YYYEAHHH Alhamdulillah. 


Comments

Popular Posts